.

.

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Stew to a Kill!

Random Stew Vol. 1

Just some bits and pieces thrown together in the pot - let's see how the essences marry...




Man...You got Boris, Bela, and Vinnie...for two dimes!







A very fondly remembered TV movie - with a
new DVD edition that trumps this VHS - 'Hi-Fi'
notwithstanding.








A cable station I loved so much it affected which cable company
I got service from - it was only offered through one satellite
provider, and then they blacked out my zip code here in Wilmington
(because heaven knows southeastern North Carolina is not
the south). I switched to a cable service in protest. A couple of
years later I checked back with the satellite provider to see if
they had changed their tune, only to find out that Turner South had
in the intervening time morphed first into an all sports network,
then shut down. Damn, how I miss this channel. They showed
movies Turner had in the MGM catalog that even Turner Classic
Movies didn't show; and they had Junkin' with Val and Dave,
which was my fave. A guy and a really cute girl travelling
around the South, buying weird stuff in flea markets and
yard sales, which they then put up for auction online. There was
some kind of contest involved with money spent to buy vs
money raised in the auction or something. But I just liked the
show, and I really liked looking at that girl.



That girl, Val Myers.



Well, I guess this Random Stew is losing some
of its randomness as it turns into a sonnet to
Junkin' with Val and Dave. Here they are in the
second season.



They made 72 episodes. I would buy a series DVD set. Seriously.
 
I think when this post goes up, I may try for two firsts here at the ol' blog - a second post in the same day - and making that post a segment from Junkin'. Wish me luck!











Back in the Random Stew: here's a movie I think we're glad
didn't happen? Tobe Hooper's Spider-Man, using what looks
like The Electric Company's Spider-Man costume as he flies
through space? Screenplay by an Outer Limits guy. Well,
that might explain the space angle. Interestingly, though, the
director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre did not make a
Spider-Man movie, but the director of The Evil Dead, did.











Because you can never have too much Katheryn Winnick.










I confess I think Katheryn Winnick is HOT. Is that so strange?

All right, I think that's enough ingredients in this Random Stew. Grab a bowl and spoon, and getcheesum.


Til next time, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment