.

.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #17!

There is a theme to tonight's three posters - but the story of the theme is to be told in a different blog post tomorrow...for now, here are the posters!



Friday the 13th  (Paramount, 1980)



The one that started it all - one of my faves from my youth - still holds up as a solid slasher classic.






Friday the 13th Part 2  (Paramount, 1981)




I wasn't sure what to make of this one back in the day - but now it ranks high in the list of these movies - one of the best, in fact. I had a poster from this signed by star Amy Steel and director Steve Miner - but it has since disappeared. I have my suspicions as to what happened to it, but I don't think I'll ever see it again. *sigh*





Walking Distance  (Lions Gate, 2011)





I haven't even seen this one - yet  - actually not sure it's released yet - but I will, for the very same reason it serves as poster number three for tonight's theme.


Until next post, when this will be at least a little more explained, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. The first two are faves from my childhood as well. Friday the 13th was my first grown up horror film. Got it from my neighborhood's first official video store, Video King, and saw it on my friend's top load VCR. Can't wait for the further details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa! Wow! That is awesome! I got to go to the theater to see both - the first because it was playing in a rare-for-the-time multi screen theater - allowing my parents to go see something more up their alley while I revelled in the movie's thrills. And then a year later, the same thing again in the same theater with the sequel! I love that you saw this in a top loader - wonder if it was BETA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That I don't remember. LOL But I do remember those giant tape recorder like buttons and that Rick had rabbit ears and tin foil on his tv. His parents weren't home and his cousin worked at the video store so we got to get a title we really weren't supposed to have. I think we were 12.

    That is too cool you were at the multi-plex. The mall near me, River Oaks, had the first multiplex and I think I saw Risky Business there. Near my neighborhood we had and still have the old Hoosier Theater movie palace. Movies there are 5 bucks and the owner's kid plays piano until showtime. Popcorn's a dollar a bag and you can get 50 cent refills.

    Friday the 13th Part 4 aka The Final Chapter was my first theater horror experience. I was in 8th grade and went with my friends to the old Hoosier to see Jason hack his way through Crystal Lake.

    Thanks for taking me down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Friday the 13th on TV and I spent most of the time watching it through my fingers...horror flicks freak me out. But you've got me curious. What do you have up your sleeve?

    ReplyDelete