.

.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday Night at the Movies 12/24/11!

Who cares what picture we see?


Well, you know Santa Claus does - and this being Christmas Eve, and LGOOH - there's pretty much only one choice:


















Say what you will about this supremely goofy kids flick - it remains the only movie I've seen in Space Blazing COLOR. Back in the 80's, there was a woman famous for fifteen minutes named Pia Zadora - kind of the Paris Hilton / Kim Kardashian of her day - she did a couple of movies, and won a Golden Globe for Best New Star that was paid for by her then very rich then husband. After that she faded back into obscurity - but she gave SCCtM a real shot in the arm at that time, garnering it more late night TV play around the holiday, because she was in it as a child actress!


Pia in
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
 
Pia at the height of her fame in the early 80's


SCCtM seems to have fallen into the public domain, so it is available on scads of bargain DVDs - it can also be found in its entirety on YouTube, should you care to make that YuleTube and add this movie to your holiday gathering.

Of course, I own it several times, so you could always come watch it with me - even tonight!




I'm not going to say the obvious thing to sign off - after all, I have to leave myself something to say tomorrow, right? So until then, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. These movie is pure cheesy awesome sauce. I love it! Grab a brew and queue it up. I'll watch anytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - we'll add it to the list of movies we'll watch when you make that beach trip!

    ReplyDelete