.

.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 3/17/12!

Who cares what picture we see?


Sometimes, in the dark, as I try to sleep - I imagine Gaylen Ross calls me to tell me she does...so let's make it a classic tonight:











I first saw this movie previewed in Starlog #21, before there was a Fangoria magazine. The articles even had a couple of fairly gory photos of Tom Savini's effects:





I didn't get to see the movie until it came out on home video - I'm pretty sure it was VHS, and I know it was the Thorn/EMI clamshell tape. I loved the movie - incredibly gory, and very cool, with Romero's usual "message in the ravioli" tucked in amongst the zombie slaughter.

I've since purchased the movie two more times - DVD and Blu-Ray - and the Blu-Ray sits ready to go in the video vault - and you could come over and watch it with me tonight, if you wanted!



Until next we meet, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this movie and Snyder's 2004 reboot. Both are two of my fave zombie flicks. I think I still have my VHS somewhere. The first time I saw it was a rental from Midtown video for my old top load VCR. I got it after a softball game and remember eating candy flying saucers and pixie sticks while the zombies devoured people. Strange the memories that surface. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing alltime classic, undoubtedly one of Romero's best. Love that Starlog interview!

    Snyder's remake is ok but faaaaar from being as awesome as the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie. One of my all-time favorites and an essential choice in a "if you could only watch these movies for the rest of your life" list.

    - Cody

    ReplyDelete
  4. While Day of the Dead is my all time fave Romero movie, This comes in as a true classic that I'm glad to have. (Philippines never released this on video. I have to skulk around in bootleg markets to grab it! D8)

    ReplyDelete