.

.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #70!



Foxtrap  (Po' Boy Productions, 1986)


I haven't seen this actioner starring and directed by Fred "The Hammer" Williamson - but I plan to one of these days. I find everything with The Hammer is a smashing good time!





It Conquered the World  (American-International Pictures, 1956)



I love this Roger Corman epic - I mean, look at that cast! And when the army shows up at the end, it's like three guys - and one of them is Dick Miller! This is the British Quad poster, hence the Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors, and the "X Certificate" as the Brits didn't think movies like this were for children, whereas Americans didn't think it was for anyone but children.








Battle of the Amazons  (American-International Pictures, 1973)



Made in Italy as Amazzoni - Donne D'Amore E Di Guerra, this was brought over to America a couple of months later and slapped with this moniker - I haven't seen this one either, but if it becomes available I'd certainly give it a watch!




And that will do it for this week! Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

8 comments:

  1. A fantastically intriguing MST3K themed night at the movies I'm thinking. I loved Fred Williams and saw his films whenever I could. Forget Shaft LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, can't completely forget Shaft - but we can certainly let him take a backseat while we revel in some Hammer goodness!

      Delete
  2. Craig, Hell really hath no fury than 10,000 women. Funny point about "It Conquered the world." LOL

    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maurice! I have problem with the fury of one woman - 10,000 would kill me, resurrect me, and kill me again!

      Delete
  3. Cool lighting on the Foxtrap poster. Williamson has the "Godfather" glow...and the gun looks so natural, like part of his body. I like.

    It Conquered the World --- Peter Graves? Mission Impossible? That's enough for me to want to see it. LOL

    Is that Amazon gal Raquel Welch? It sure looks like her. Looks a bit like her "One Millions Years B.C." pose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mr. Williamson would be pleased that you're pleased.

      Peter Graves indeed - battling Lee Van Cleef! It's a must see!

      It isn't Raquel, but they certainly wouldn't have had their feelings hurt if you thought it was and bought a ticket...

      Delete
  4. Haven't heard of Foxtrap or Battle of The Amazons before, and although I know "It Conquered...", I haven't seen it yet. I'm so lame :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, we can't have seen every movie out there - what would our pals and fellow bloggers tell us about then! ;)

      Delete