.

.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday Night at the Movies 9/6/14!

Who cares what picture we see?



Crispin Glover would - in his own way. Therefore - here's the pick:












This movie was such a huge thing when it came out - it was the first Friday to be released where I could go and buy my own ticket - and my trip to opening night with my friends is one of my fondest movie going memories.


In fact, if you'd like to read all about that night - and my experiences seeing the previous three movies - here's a link to my award winning blog post (part one of three).


I have this one in the video vault twice - once as a stand alone special edition disc and once as a part of a Ft13 boxset - so we could get this one in the machine and spinning with relative ease anytime - even tonight - if you're not too afraid of hockey masked goons to come over and see me!






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. Ted White, Judie Aronson, and Peter Barton are at the Horrorhound convention in Indianapolis this weekend. I was there yesterday, giving them money.

    - Cody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - glad you got to meet them! I've met one of them - as will be seen around these parts one of these days!

      Delete
  2. I told Crispin himself in 1987, about how popular his performance here in that movie was, thinking he´s be kindda´ embarrassed and he replied "I actually like myself a lot in that movie!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny - back in the day I would have been mortified to be identified as being like Jimmy - but like Mr. Glover - these days I like Jimmy a lot. Thanks for coming by, Marco!

      Delete
  3. Without a doubt, my favorite Friday the 13th after the original. It has everything - great kills, loads of eye candy, Savini, Crispin Glover... and a super-pissed off Jason. It really is the best of the sequels, even though I do love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part 3 holds its own right in there - as does 6 - but I think I agree with you - this is the next best after the original - 2, 3, and 6 tie for third place.

      Delete