.

.

Friday, April 3, 2015

A-Z Challenge 2015: C is for Connie Stevens!








I couldn't even tell you when I first encountered Connie Stevens - but I know I first took notice of her in whatever I saw after the advent of puberty in the early 80's - because she is an incredibly gorgeous woman - and my hormone charged eyes liked what they saw.





Born in New York City August 8, 1938, Connie got started in show business on the musical side of things. While working with various vocal groups in the mid to late 50's she also appeared as an extra and in small roles in a few movies like Young and Dangerous (1957) and Dragstrip Riot (1958). Jerry Lewis gave her a boost by giving her a better role in Rock-a-Bye Baby (1958) - which led Warner Bros. to give her a contract. They promptly put her in their popular detective series Hawaiian Eye as Cricket Blake in 119 episodes. She continued working - but never achieved major stardom.







She tended to a very flowing and feminine look in the 70's and 80's - and certainly didn't skimp on the big hair or makeup. At some point I also took notice of her talent - she's wonderful in light comedy - and handles herself just fine in dramatic situations too. She also did a lot of game shows and talk shows during this period as well.



This is how she looked when I first took notice - always an eye for the older woman...




Even more notably - she appeared on Fantasy Island three times - and on The Love Boat eight times!



*sigh*



Connie Stevens is still working here and there - but her main business these days is as a tycoon - she developed a line of skin care products that she hawks on home shopping - and which seem to do very well. I suspect she might be putting in enough acting work to keep her Screen Actors' Guild insurance going - and I hope she keeps going for many years to come!





In recent times - still a gorgeous woman.




Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

10 comments:

  1. While I read you post and looked at the pictures I kept hearing Where The Boys Are. I loved her voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er...I think you're thinking of Connie Francis...but thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. She's beautiful! Then and now.

    -Chrys Fey
    Tremp’s Troops - A to Z Co-co-host
    Write with Fey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. Thank you for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  3. Visiting from A/Z. I hadn't heard of her skin care products. She indeed is a beautiful woman. Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for coming by! I'll try to return the visit!

      Delete
  4. I caught her on Fantasy Island--but I remember her from the game show circuit. A lot of stars from earlier eras found work on Match Game, Hollywood Squares, and the like. I guess these days they pick up work doing Internet series...

    ReplyDelete