.

.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday Night at the Movies 5/16/15!

Who cares what picture we see?


Raymond J. Barry probably would, but someone needs to check for sure. While that's happening, this will be tonight's choice...











It goes without saying that I'm a huge fan of Bruce Lee. When his son Brandon first popped up on my radar in the Dolph Lundgren vehicle Showdown in Little Tokyo - I thought he was pretty marvelous. Then he starred in this action flick - which is solid old school action movie goodness through and through.


Brandon Lee was a talented actor, and while not as fast as his father, certainly acquitted himself well on the action side as well - and with all the practical fights and stunts - Rapid Fire is one of my favorite action movies.


It's in the video vault on DVD and we could be spinning it at any time - even tonight, if you'd like to dodge the bullets and run on over.







Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. Craig, I haven't seen this since it was released on home video, but I remember nothing about it at all - it's a blur in my mind, along with most of the action stuff I watched back then. I think Brandon was pretty great, though, and probably could have transitioned over to straight acting fairly well, without having to worry about getting parts based on his dads rep. The guy had talent.

    The fact that you say this is one of your favourites has definitely got me intrigued. I'm gonna have to check this one out again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will back that off slightly - one of my favorites from the 90's. I agree that Brandon had a future outside of action flicks - and I know he was hoping The Crow was going to be the start of a move into other kinds of movies when his life was so tragically cut short.

      Delete